Re: Problem using volk_32fc_s32fc_multiply_32fc function with vector par

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: Problem using volk_32fc_s32fc_multiply_32fc function with vector params
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 23:51:40 -0400

On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 11:26 PM George Edwards <gedwards.eng@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello GNURadio Community,

I am having a problem using the above function with vector parameters. If I use an array say:
gr_complex my_val[240];
volk_32fc_s32fc_multiply_32fc(my_val, my_val, scale, 240);

It works! But if I change my_val to be a vector like below, it fails:
std::vector <gr_complex> my_val(240);

The reason I need to use a vector is that with arrays, the size must be known at compile time, while with vectors one can build it at runtime.

Get the pointer to your data in the array using the data() method:

  https://www.cplusplus.com/reference/vector/vector/data/

Brian