Re: How to print a list of the frequencies that are in the spectrum?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: How to print a list of the frequencies that are in the spectrum?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 22:20:53 +0200

Hi Dor,
Re: 2. : That's … the input items! The actual samples that your block's signal processing works on. I think I couldn't explain this better in an email than our GNU Radio tutorials on https://tutorials.gnuradio.org already do. There's not much magic here. If you understand what a discrete-time signal is: a compact sub-sequence of the discrete-time signal flowing through your block!

> I try to understand what input carries the power vs frequency information in
a list?  Is
> there anything like that?

There's no such input. But: you can "package" your discrete-time signal into vectors of some length N, and then feed that into GNU Radio's FFT block. The output then is vectors of discrete-frequency samples. Put these vectors through a "complex to mag²" block, to convert them to power.
To explain
The frequency information in the output of the FFT is implicit, as the DFT (which is what an FFT computes) simply maps N samples to N equally spaced subcarriers that divide the sample rate evenly. So, the position within the vector *is* giving you exactly the frequency. The Power is the magnitude square of the complex samples!

Best regards,
Marcus