Re: Ubuntu 20.04 cannot find the Hackrf board?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 20.04 cannot find the Hackrf board?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 11:36:58 -0400

On 2022-08-03 11:32, James Anderson wrote:
You might want to try running hackrf_info with superuser privileges using sudo, i.e. "sudo hackrf_info". Many/most peripherals require this in Linux by default.
If the udev rules were installed correctly for this device, then you don't need to be superuser to use it.

Additionally, use of a VM may limit the sample rate you can achieve since there is some overhead passing through the USB connection. Consider installing Linux directly on your machine.