Trying to receive data from wifi_rx using gr-ieee802-11

From: Karl Dawson
Subject: Trying to receive data from wifi_rx using gr-ieee802-11
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 09:58:37 +1100

Hi All,

I'm using GNU Radio installed as part of an Instant GNURadio 3.8.2.0 VM. I've installed gr-ieee802-11 maint version 3.9, and am using it with a bladeRF. I've also tried to get this going with a hackRF.

It appears to all be running, and the wifi_rx example script appears to run as shown below:
image.png

Irrespective of the frequency I select however, I don't appear to be receiving any data in the Wireshark file sink, other than the occasional malformed packet:
image.png

I've tried setting the frequency to the frequency/channel that Windows says my laptop is operating on, but no luck.

Is there something I'm fundamentally doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

All the best,

Karl