Re: Reasons for a GStep windowmanager

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Reasons for a GStep windowmanager
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 10:07:33 -0800 (PST)

The GNUstep window manager is one that has come up before in the form of
STEPwire.   Nothing ever came of it though, since none us us had a great deal
of time on our hands.

The idea was that it would be easier to have a GNUstep based window manager
which would integrate w/ GNUstep apps seamlessly.   As it turns out there is
not any real need for a GNUstep based window manager.   WindowMaker provides
all the capabilities necessary for GNUstep.

I, personally, think what we need is a GNUstep based environment.   A Dock, a
preferences application, some system admin tools, a terminal application, and
etc.

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento           Sr. Software Engineer