Re: GNUstep article (was: Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits)

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: GNUstep article (was: Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:36:16 -0700

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:27:55 +0200 (CEST)
"M. Grabert" <xam@grabert.net> wrote:
> BTW, what about GNUstep man-pages ?
> People who want to programm GNUstep should have good manuals,
> and most people without OpenStep expirience don't have the
> OPENSTEP library ...
> Okay, this is something really time-wasting, and it has

Not time-wasting ... more like time-consuming ...

> lower prioriy, but it's important to think about it!

Man-Pages? Or do you mean HTML ?
Gosh, writing Man-Pages is a pain-in-the-you-know-where...

> BTW,
> I think the OPENSTEP library was one of the best manual pages
> ever. Every single class was perfectly described and you could
> even get some hints how it was implemented (if you read it
> carefully).

Exactly.
That's why I still have them around and use them, when hacking.

> MFC docs are crap, MSDN is a little bit better.

Of course - you are talking Micros~1 here... ;-)

> But even the MacOS X documentation is not that good anymore!

Can't say that for they Foundation- and AppKit-PDFs ... they are
just GREAT ... and HUGH :-P

--
Chris