Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits

From: M. Grabert
Subject: Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:08:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:24:37 +0200
> Björn Gohla <b.gohla@gmx.de> wrote:
> > well then, somebody knowledgeable will have to wave the flag and
> > write a good article, the aforementioned magazines regularly publish
> > outside contributions.
>
> How about a translation of Dennis' article on
>   http://lwn.net/daily/gnustep.php3 ?

Good idea!
But we should be even more specific about the advantages/features
of OpenStep/GNUstep programming.
As you know, c't/iX articles are for expirienced computer
users/programmers, so we should show the "way of OpenStep",
e.g. how to programm a simple App like Currency Converter.
And perhaps how to install GNUstep the right way.
I think this would help the GNUstep project more than just
writing an (interesting) "slashdot-like" article!
Because some people will see that GNUstep programming
is rather easy and we would get some new contributors!

Perhaps we should translate Dennis' article (or parts of)
and adding some own things ...

... just my 2 cents (since we'll have the Euro currency soon ;)

sersn max