Re: bug in make_services?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: bug in make_services?
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:05:48 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi, -
>
> Happy New Year to everyone!
>
> I encountered a small unexpected behaviour of make_services:
> If for a language a NSMenuItem string is set in the information plist
> of a service but there is no hotkey set for this language,
> then make_services does not fall back
> to the default hotkey but no one is used at all.

> Also pressing the Hotkey does not seem to work.

It works on my system.  NB: If the hotkey is uppercase (eg, 'E'), make
sure you type it uppercase.  'e' and 'E' are different hotkeys.

> Example:
>
>       NSMenuItem = {
>         default = "Enqueue in XMMS";
>         English = "Enqueue in XMMS";
>         German = "In XMMS einfügen";
>       };
>       NSKeyEquivalent = {
>         default = E;
>         English = E;
>       };
>
> It will not use the default entry.

Thanks - I modified the gui library on CVS to fall back on the default key
equivalent (if any) if no one for the appropriate language is found - let
me know if you still have any problems - I tried translating the example
service menu items into Italian, and it seems to work.