Re: Slight problem w/ fonts

From: Dan Pascu
Subject: Re: Slight problem w/ fonts
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:41:19 +0200 (EET)

On  7 Jan, Adam Fedor wrote:
> I suppose we should really test if adding TrueType fonts by themselves
> causes the X server to crash or it is mutiple things that cause it to crash.

adding any truetype font path in the X server configuration (in the
fonts section), makes font_cacher core dump. the only way I was able to
build a font cache for the first time, was to remove any paths with
truetype fonts, build the cache and then add them back. (either in the
XF86Config, or with xset fp-)
This includes not only paths to truetype fonts (as XFree4 allows by
using the freetype module), but having a font server in the X font
path which servers truetype fonts crashes font_cacher as well.

--
Dan