Re: Release of gui libraries

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Release of gui libraries
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:37:15 -0700

Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

I noticed a considerable slowdown in displaying images when moving from 0.7.0
to recent CVS code during December 01. I do not know what it is, but sth must
have changed there!

One possibility is that (improved) compositing of graphics was off by default in 0.7.0, now it is on by default. You can turn it off:

defaults write NSGlobalDomain GraphicCompositing NO

and see if it goes any faster.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you