Re: Release of gui libraries

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Release of gui libraries
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:54:58 +0000

[moved back to 'discuss' as its not a bug, more of an install problem]

> Ok - it might be a bug somewhere then - if you rebuilt everything and Gorm
> works but gmodels dont', that *is* suspicious.

I decided in the end that I would start with a clean system and install
a gcc30 compiled GNustep onto it rather than have to swap between the
two compiled versions on the same system. That should save any confusion
of which was built with what compiler.

But now I cannot even get the base libraries to compile. This from
a completely clean 'cvs checkout gnustep' done at about 23.00GMT.
I am using CC=gcc30 ./configure to configure the parts of the system.
The makefiles install fine,  but building the base system it gets as far
as compiling NSNumber12.o and then stops with the following error:

/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/library.make:251: *** unterminated call to
function `word': missing `)'.  Stop.
rm o_list_cbs.m o_list_bas.m o_map_cbs.m o_map_bas.m o_hash_cbs.m o_hash_bas.m
o_array_cbs.m o_array_bas.m
gmake[1]: *** [libgnustep-base.all.library.variables] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pete/gnustep/core/base/Source'
gmake: *** [internal-all] Error 2

Has anybody seen anything like this before ? The section of the makefile
mentiuoned in the error messsage reads:

$(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR)/$(VERSION_LIBRARY_FILE): $(OBJ_FILES_TO_LINK)
        $(LIB_LINK_CMD)

I cant work out what it is trying to do, or why this no longer seems to
work. Did something change in the makefiles in the last 24 hours ?

cheers,

-bat.