Interface WM 0.1

From: Ian Mondragon
Subject: Interface WM 0.1
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:25:33 -0500

all -

  i've managed to get my rewritten version of Interface to successfully perform
many of the functions that we've come to expect from a window manager, but it's
not anywhere near being finished.  here's what it is/can do:

* it's an objective-c rewrite of aewm/alloywm (read: minimal wm's)

* it picks up default settings for colors, mouse buttons, and fonts from the
  GNUstep defaults

* it's got far too little defensive code, which causes problems like the titles
  not redrawing correctly in the titlebars

* it doesn't crash nearly as often as i thought it would <grin>

  i didn't get around to putting up a page for it on my website, so i figured
i'd just send the screenshot to the list for viewing (dis)pleasure.  note the
true alpha quality of Interface by the presence of titlebars on the Gorm menu
and icon.  hahahahha...)

  give me a few more days to clean up some of the blatant garbage, get a page
up for it at dragonhelix.org - then anyone and everyone will be invited to
beat the daylights out of it.  i'll could start sending out updates & release
announcements ala GNUMail if people would like, also.

- ian mondragon

--
@end

Ian Mondragon  - < copal @ dragonhelix . org >

< h t t p : // d r a g o n h e l i x . o r g >

<<<<  xMach Core Team - ian @ xmach . org >>>>