Re: Proposal question.

From: Tim Harrison
Subject: Re: Proposal question.
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 15:46:12 -0400

Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

Note that GWorkspace.app,  like WorkspaceManager.app honor the .hidden
files and merely putting "Library"  and "Tools" in the .hidden file of
$HOME is  enough to have  it hidden (under GWorkspace).   Unix experts
set  their "unix  expert"  option  in the  preferences  to ignore  the
.hidden files and to show all the interesting items.

If I understand your intention, this would tend to support putting Library and Tools directly into the Users domain (ie. /Users/harrison/Library and /Users/harrison/Tools). If the user wished to see them, they could set the UNIX Expert option.

On all my NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP boxen, I set UNIX Expert on, so I can see everything.

--

Tim Harrison
tim@linuxstep.org