Re: GNUSTEP/linux

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP/linux
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 16:12:28 +0100

> I agree, and I do not think anyone wants to limit this to RPM. We
> already have many different packages for GNUstep. Hence the discussion
> is IMHO more about the various GNUstep applications which make the
> environment than the GNUstep libraries itself.

If you only mean the GNUstep applications, I think you might want to go
the LSPM way for that. Or hack on the Makefile stuff I have written. You
should not be concerned with ANY packaging system around. As long as the
packaging systems fits within the GNUstep tree and is Objective-C aware
you are ready to go.

The main problem imho is the install of the GNUstep libraries itself.
There is the real problem. The rest can be solved "easily", even with
plain shell-scripts if you like.

Dennis