Re: Win32 build guide location?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Win32 build guide location?
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 18:49:45 +0200

Hi Alex,

Alex Perez wrote:
Where can I find the Win32 build guide? I'm interested in fiddling with this.

not sure if you did get a responds on this one. If not here it is:

These documents are in make/Documentation. There are three files depending on the specific setup you are using for your Win32 development: README.Cygwin, README.MinGW, README.MinGWOnCygwin. Richard recommends to use the MinGW on MSYS environment, but I myself have been using MinGW on Cygwin. There is currently one issue with the later, but I hope to resolve this next week.

Don't expect to much from GNUstep on Win32. I just wrote it on a few weekends with nothing else to do and a lot is missing or has been made incorrect by other changes in GNUstep (As the image drawing). Neither I nor anybody else is currently maintaining this code, so be prepared to fix a few bugs yourself.

That said, have fun with it.

Fred