Re: is there a web server based on gnustep?

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: is there a web server based on gnustep?
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:00:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:30:18 -0800 Derek Zhou <dzhou@chrontel.com> wrote:
 >| It appears to me that gnustep provides fantastic basis for not only client
 >| side programming, but also for server side programming. Things like
 >runloop,
 >| asynchronized IO, distributed object are all handy for making a web server.
 >| Was there any effort to do that? Any reference design that I can look at?
 >| GSweb doesn't count; it seems like a framework to build application on top
 >of
 >| apache or something; I want a web server written from ground up in gnustep.

GSWeb has some features to act as a web server (as the interface between apache
and gnustepweb is based on http protocol).
You can look at GSWeb/GSW*daptor* to find classes which get request, lanch the
handle of the request and return the
response.

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998