Re: RFC: Changes to the Gorm GUI

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: RFC: Changes to the Gorm GUI
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:51:44 -0700 (PDT)

Yen,

Thanks for the bug reports...

--- Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com>
> >To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
> >Subject: RFC: Changes to the Gorm GUI
> >Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:44:00 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >All,
> >
> >There are two major changes I have been considering over the past few weeks
> >that I want to open up to public debate:
>
>   [snip]
>

> >2) I am also considering changing the Gorm "toolbar" to be an NSTabView.
> >This
> >would be, in my opinion, more useable and more visually attractive.
>
>   I just curious whether NSTabView supports images (icon).
>   Big images in Gorm now are easy to find.
>   If NSTabView have the same big images,
>   I vote for it.
>
>   By the way, report bugs from my memory (no GNUstep around):
>   1. When nextKeyView is connected,
>      it can't connect to the actions.
>      Press on target shows no actions.

I have successfully recreated this.  Will add to the list...

>   2. In class view, when there are a lot outlets (5-10) and no action,
>      click on the small action button will collapse the outlets,
>      and the selection will jump to other class above.
>   3. When open a Gorm file with menus,
>      all the submenus will show up, and behavior as true menus.
>      So I can't make connection between menu and other object
>      because clicking on menus is not selecting them,
>      but calling the action in the menus. (Hope you can understand me. :)

I have been unable to reproduce these.

>   Yen-Ju

Thanks,

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
Petition to make Lighthouse Application Suite Free Software at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/laafs/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---