ANN: GNUMail.app and Pantomime 1.1.0pre2

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: GNUMail.app and Pantomime 1.1.0pre2
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:03:09 -0400

Hi,

After months of development, I'm glad to announce the second
prerelease of GNUMail.app and Pantomime 1.1.0.

GNUMail.app is a fully featured mail application running on
both GNUstep and Mac OS X 10.2. Pantomime is a complete and
free mail framework.

Here is a small list of what has changed since the last release
of GNUMail.app:

o Added full AppleScript support on OS X
o Added Smalltalk scripting support on GNUstep
o Reworked the Preferences panel (new Account, Advanced and Colors
 panels and new way to manage mail "accounts")
o Better PGP support
o Integrated SSL support on OS X (no need to install a bundle)
o Lots of other new features and UI improvements
o Lots of other features, bug fixes, refactorings and  speed improvements.

You can download GNUMail.app 1.1.0pre2 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail

You can also download a binary version of the PGP bundle. See the FAQ
for more details.

Here is a small list of what has changed since the last release
of Pantomime:

o Improved the POP3 and the IMAP code (faster and more stable)
o Fixed an issue with the SMTP AUTH code
o Rewrote the mbox cache code (now way faster)
o Fixed bugs and improved the performance

You can download Pantomime 1.1.0pre2 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime

Here's a list of what is expected to be included in the
next release (1.1.0-final):

o Finish the new IMAP code
o Finish the filtering code
o Finish and integrate the GNUMail.app User's Manual
o Write Pantomime documentation
o More UI improvements
o Integrate all translations

Contributions, feedback, comments are always welcomed!

I would like to thank all the people who helped me getting
this release done, especially Tomio Arisaka, Hasan Diwan,
Francis Lachapelle, Pierre-Yves Rivaille, Nicolas Roard,
Ujwal S. Sathyam, Stefan Urbanek, Chris B. Vetter and Mirko Viviani.

Thanks a lot,
               Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.