Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control (WAS: Re: deferreddeal

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control (WAS: Re: deferreddeallocation)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:58:37 +0200

Hi,

On 2003-10-15 18:01:13 +0200 Damien Genet <damien.genet@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Le mer 15/10/2003 à 17:11, Yen-Ju Chen a écrit :
>> i fully agree with the sugestion for testing. i think using a
>> unit testing framework like ocuint (http://www.sente.ch/software/ocunit/)
>> would make things even easier.
>
> There is also Greg included with gnustep-guile (but you need to learn
> some scheme basis then).

Simplier solution: What about lots of users as a 'testing framework and quality
controll'? Advantage of 'user based testing framework' is that it tests
continualy. That 'framework' should also contain users, that were marked as
'kind of users that gnustep does not need' in a gworskpace thread few days ago
on this list. More users means more testers and it does not matter what kind of
users. At this time and state,  gnustep needs any kind of users. More eyes see
more.

I think, that if at least half of the effort devoted to writing test suites (i
am not against them) is also devoted to make gnustep more attractive, it can
also help to remove bugs and have a quality controll. Moreover, gnustep will
gain twice by haveing more users - more talkers about gnustep - more potential
developers. In attractivity also counts: ease of installation, comfortable
development environment,... It does not have to be perfect at this time.

It may sound a bit naive, but it is not, think about it.

Best regards,

Stefan Urbanek