Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:13:45 -0600

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 08:54 AM, Dennis Leeuw wrote:

Maybe we should get more core developers. Would it be an idea to open up for more people to help on the core. Maybe by not requiring them to sign over the copyright to the FSF

I have rarely seen anyone have problems getting a copyright assignment or had someone tell me they couldn't contribute because they had to sign one. If anyone has, please tell me. I'd be happy to try to work it out.

I'm pretty lenient about accepting patches as well. I'll commit a patch if someone just tells me they've sent the paperwork in. I don't have to wait the two or three weeks it takes to actually get a confirmation. Small patches (or even hints, like "you need to change this") don't require an assignment.