Re: Strange problem...

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Strange problem...
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:42:54 -0700

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:51:34 +0200
Martin Brecher <martin@mb-itconsulting.com> wrote:
[...]
> GNUstep.sh sets up LD_LIBRARY_PATH to enable the linker to find the
> libraries that are otherwise missing when you invoke openapp. Thus,
> sourcing GNUstep.sh from your .bashrc is recommended to have
> everything in place when you open a new terminal window. If you want
> to run applications directly from Window Maker, it's advisable to also
> source GNUstep.sh from the Window Maker autostart script in
> ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker.

Instead of doing it twice, you can also put the call to GNUstep.(c)sh
into your .xinitrc or .xsession.

Although you'd still need it in your shell's login script if you use the
console instead of X11...

Personally, I actually prefer that since I'd like to have "clean" shell
environment whenever I do use a console, as this is usually only the
case when I do "admin stuff".

--
Chris