Re: GNUStep Window Manager

From: Rogelio M . Serrano Jr .
Subject: Re: GNUStep Window Manager
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:09:31 +0800

Now, if you're referring to AfterStep Classic -- that one would have
been a good foundation to build a GNUstep-aware window manager on. IIRC,
Widow err Window Maker was originally based on AfterStep Classic...
'nuff said

Where do we get afterstep classic? Im thinking of using that so i could become more familiar with how window managers work. I tried hacking windowmaker but i gave up.

My impression was that the ideal desktop is to use a gworkspace on a minimal window manager so it will be easy to write an integrated window manager in gnustep backend.