Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:06:33 +0000

> Do we really to turn GNUstep into something like the mozilla suite?

Mozilla was a browser last time I looked.

> like a cross platform programming environment to me. Is that what GNUstep
> want to become? Thats an objective-c programming environment to me not
> openstep. Windows clashes with openstep thats why GNUstep is not very

GNUstep already is cross-platform. Plus the entire purpose of the OpenStep
specification was, as I seem to remember at the time, to create an
open standard for cross-platform development.

Anyway, you can argue the ethics all you like, but this is open source
development, so if enough people want it (which they seem to) then it will
end up happening no matter what. So its better to go with the flow
and working out a way to get it running as cleanly as possible ith
minimal changes to the source IMHO. I might even pick up a Windows
programming books this weekend to give myself some reading material over
christmas. I havent contirbuted anything to GNustep in months, and I really
shhould...

-bat.