Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:50:32 +0000

> "re-designed" is a very strong term for what they did. They just set the
> default interface style, which made some of the UI controls draw themselves
> differently, using Windows-ish "rules". To contrast, take a look at a popup
> button.

Isnt that all we need to do in GNustep to get the effect people are asking
for ? Seems like it to me. Can have a couple of themes - one for NT4 style
buttons and one for XP buttons. That way it just drops in nicely to
whatever is running. O.K., the main menu along the top of the windows will
be a bit harder, but in principle theres no reason why making GNustep
as good as OpenStep for NT is should be too difficult.

-bat.