Re: Pre-multiplied alpha

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Pre-multiplied alpha
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:19:51 +0100

In article <mailman.1610.1071192258.399.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org> wrote:

> Does the image data stored in an NSBitmapImageRep have premultiplied
> alpha (aka associated alpha) or not (aka unassociated alpha)? The image
> data passed to NSDrawBitmap?

Newbie alert: I read somewhere in Apple's Cocoa docs that they're using
premultiplied alpha. But whether that's in the file, inside
NSBitmapImageRep or in a box near the door ... ?

No idea.

You might find some info in one of the following places:

a) Apple's Cocoa docs, available on their web site
b) the cocoadev.com Wiki

HTH,
-- M. Uli Kusterer
http://www.zathras.de