Re: Pre-multiplied alpha

From: stefan
Subject: Re: Pre-multiplied alpha
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:26:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

<snip>

> I'm not really sure what back-xlib does; its compositing code seems to
> be uncertain about whether the internal buffers have premultiplied alpha
> or not, so the end result is messed up no matter what kind of data I
> give it.
<snip>
this brings one (hertical) questions up to my mind:
why are there to two backends (art and xlib-only) for x11 and not just
art? It seems to me that art has no further dependencies so making
it a requirement for gnustep shouldn't be a problem?

btw: i applied the image loading patches and they're working fine. the
drawback is that i need gif support in WebKit (many images on the web
are still gifs :-(), so i have to sit down again and write a gif-loader.

ciao
Stefan