Re: Pre-multiplied alpha

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Pre-multiplied alpha
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:53:58 -0700

On Friday, December 12, 2003, at 01:26 AM, stefan@wms-network.de wrote:

Hi,

<snip>

I'm not really sure what back-xlib does; its compositing code seems to
be uncertain about whether the internal buffers have premultiplied alpha
or not, so the end result is messed up no matter what kind of data I
give it.
<snip>
this brings one (hertical) questions up to my mind:
why are there to two backends (art and xlib-only) for x11 and not just
art? It seems to me that art has no further dependencies so making
it a requirement for gnustep shouldn't be a problem?

No, it requires libart2, freetype and also a font package. Those are all freely available but not installed by default on many machines.

I wouldn't mind making it the default backend though (switching back to xlib if the required packages aren't available).