test driven development for GNUstep

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: test driven development for GNUstep
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:06:29 +0100

I think it would be good to employ the test driven development methodology
for developing GNUstep.
Test driven development generally ensures a high qualtity of the source
across several platforms (because everybody is able to run the relevant
test on her/his platform of choice and send the test failures back). For
instance the GCC project employs test driven development in the form of
DejaGnu: If you build GCC you can optionally run 'make -k check' to run a
test suite for GCC and send the results back to the GCC developers.

Now there are several ways to do test driven development, on the ObjC side
of this world for instance DejaGnu (http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/)
and ocunit (http://sente.epfl.ch/software/ocunit/). Anybody here knows
which would be better suited for GNUstep library development? I hope this
will initiate a fruitfull discussion which results in the use of test
driven development for GNUstep (in whatever form).

greetings, Lars