Re: Frameworks integration

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Frameworks integration
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:40:15 -1100

On 2004-02-27 18:21:53 +0000 Chris B. Vetter <chrisv@web4inc.com> wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:23:12 -1100
Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:
[...]
GNUstep itself isn't really well known (many people at fosdem thought we were a fork of windowmaker... -- sigh --)
[...]

*grin* I'm not surprised.

And you musst admit you can't really blame them for that.

I'm not blaming them, but I think it's a very revealing point that something
is clearly wrong :)

For one, we say "window maker is the standard WM for GNUstep".
Personally, I think we should get rid of the 'standard'.

agree. But at the same time, it's *still* the best solution under X11...

Second, Window Maker says "it was originally designed for GNUstep".
That may well be -- originally. But since then, they moved off to God
knows where...

And third, they DO look similar.

yes. Which could be interesting in the end for gnustep, as many people were
in contact with WindowMaker look and feel and loved it...

--
Nicolas Roard