Re: Where could I change LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Where could I change LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:49:16 -0700

On Monday, March 22, 2004, at 05:24 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > My LD_LIBRARY_PATH looks like this:
> >
> >     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/myHome/GNUstep:/usr/GNUstep/Local:/usr/GNUstep/
> > System/Library/Libraries
> >

> > The path '/usr/GNUstep/Local' should be
> > '/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries'. Can anybody tell me, where I  could
> > change that? Preferrebly on a system wide level.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Phil
> >

> This is set in ld_lib_path.sh or .csh in /usr/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/
>

> I've seen one other person with paths broken like yours (he's a tester
> for my repository), and so if you could give me any information
> (specifically, if you're using zsh) that'd be great :P

Wow (thanks Michael).  A bug!  Yes indeed, we want all the details! :-)

Which shell are you using ?  Which operating system ?  Which script are
you sourcing ?

I just found this tidbit in

http://www.gnustep.org/information/machines_1.html#SEC8

----
If you're using zsh, some shell variables may not be set correctly when
executing GNUstep.sh. Try turing on SH_WORD_SPLIT (e.g. 'zsh
--sh-word-split', 'zsh -o shwordsplit', 'zsh -y' or by setting 'setopt
SH_WORD_SPLIT' in one of zsh's startup files.
---

I wonder if this is true for any use of zsh?