Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 23:47:43 -1000

Thanks for the HAL link, it looks very cool indeed. It even looks like is being actively developed! Can't beat that with a stick.

This looks like Framework wrapping stuff to me, I smell a GSHAL or something....

Actually, I think that there are a whole slew of frameworks that can start to be bundled together that are more desktop orientated. Outside of the scope of GNUstep itself, as they say.

Is that not what "Backbone" is? A collection of GNUstep softwares centered around desktop and not the API itself? What happened to that? I see the web page is still there, but is there any steam there?

Chad