Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:36:06 +0100

Le 11 juin 04, à 21:48, Chad Hardin a écrit :

I think that there is a lot of potential for Backbone. For instance, GWorkspace wants to do some volume management. However, What if instead we had frameworks for:

DBUS
HAL (as was mentioned earlier)
and something similar to the gnome-volume-manager ( http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/ProjectUtopiaBuildDebian )

in Backbone. Now, Enrico does not really need to have to worry about it as much and GWorkspace stays cleaner. Also, there is a nice foundation of software for everyone to use for all kinds of other stuff as well.

Backbone has a lot of potential. So, Nicholas and the other members of the backbone project. I applaud you for your foresight. I would like to join your project and work on things like the above.

You are welcome :-)

not sure about DBUS -- is its place really in Backbone or rather in a "Desktop bundle" (or even in GNUstep directly) ... ?

HAL is possibly in the same position, though a general framework for Backbone that will use HAL is probably a good idea.

--
Nicolas Roard