Re: a little further on Darwin

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: a little further on Darwin
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:43:43 -0400

I use gnustep-libobjc-1.3.0, libs in GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries and headers in GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/objc. I add "-L/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -lobjc"
in every build.

That sounds good, even though I'm not sure that you should need the -L and -l options as the directory should be in the standard search patch and -lobjc should be added by -make for ObjC projects automatically.

I tried many combinations and having both is the only way to be sure evrything is linked

There may also be certain issues wrt to shared libraries vs. frameworks as the Darwin linker tries to out-smart our simulated frameworks leading to issues at runtime.
I seem have this problem right now with GNUMail and Addresses
(AddressView.framework/AddressView : no such file ...)

Yes, this is the result of the Darwin linker trying to out smart our framework hacks on non-apple-apple-apple configurations. There was a workaround discussed that will be included in the upcoming -base release. You can either wait on that or set LD_FRAMEWORK_PATH manually to the Framework directories.

I'll try it

yves