Re: GNUstep Release Cycle

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: GNUstep Release Cycle
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:46:44 -0400

When will the next release of GNUstep be made? In my opinion, when

On this subject, I just finished checking in more-or-less final changes to finish up documentation of the Base library. The programming manual and the library gsdoc are both at finalized forms as far as I'm concerned for the present, although both can be improved.. I've also made a few improvements here and there to the other documentation (man pages, etc.), and the gsdoc HTML output. If anyone finds something not running smoothly in the build process in core/base/Documentation or its results, please let me know.

If anyone finds errors in the docs, definitely let me know -- the only thing worse than no documentation is wrong documentation.

One part that perhaps should be done before release is to do any final tweaking to the page core/base/HtmlNav/index.html (installed to GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Documentation/) that people want, and also to produce a version of this that can be integrated into the gnustep.org web pages. Perhaps this could be integrated in some way with the page that you currently get when clicking "Documentation" just beneath Developers|Getting Started on the main page. The advantages of using the page directly from the libraries are that: 1) it includes more stuff than the current page, and 2) it can be updated easily with each release. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know, otherwise I'll come up with something and email the webmaster(s) about it...

Adrian