Re: Printing Postscript Data

From: stefan
Subject: Re: Printing Postscript Data
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:00:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> Yikes, that's a good one.  Let's see.  The NSGraphicsContext your
Thanks :-)

> NSView will get will come from the NSPrintOperation.....
> But you don't want anything to do with that.
>
> Maybe you can make a NSGraphicsContext category?  Add a method that
> will take this PS code and it will forward it on for you?  I don't
> know, just late night ideas....

Hmm, sorry, but don't really know  what you mean.

I thought about addiding a category to NSPrintOperation. This category
can contain a method like 'runOperationForMe' and bypass all the view
stuff. Instead, it will use PDFKit and the settings from the print info
object to produce a ps file at a temporary location. It than could set
the _path ivar of NSPrintOperation to this location and call [self
deliverResult].

Do you think this could work?

greets
Stefan