Re: Printing Postscript Data

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: Printing Postscript Data
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:55:14 -1000

Ok, I suppose you could go that route. But everything is based on the printing backend setup now, so that has to be taken into consideration.

Both printer backends handle their jobs with PS, but future ones (win32) will likely not. Something to think about down the road.

As far as your situation...it sure would be handy if there was a addition to NSPrinter... That would solve this problem quickly and easily. Of course it would be GNUstep specific but what the heck.
Maybe something like this:

@interface NSPrinter (DirectSpooling)
+(BOOL) canPrinterNamed: (NSString*) printerName
directlyPrintFileOfType: (NSString*) type;

+(BOOL) directlyPrintFileAtPath: (NSString*) filePath
ofType: (NSString*) type
toPrinterNamed: (NsString*) printerName;

-(BOOL) directlyPrintFileAtPath: (NsString*) filePath
ofType: (NSString*) type

+(BOOL) canDirectlyPrintFileOfType: (NSString*) type;
@end

Or something similar

Wouldn't that be nicer?

Chad