Re: GNUstep and GTK+

From: Robert Burns
Subject: Re: GNUstep and GTK+
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:28:20 -0500

Michael,

Gee, that was a quick response. LOL

I think it could be interesting. If I stated the reasons for which I thought it would be useful, I'd be flamed into oblivion. Besides, we've covered it before onto IRC. I think we should just agree to disagree on this point.

I'll try to put this mildly. I personally like GTK; I like the look & feel. A lot of other people do as well. I think that if a great - but small - toolkit were built for it, (and let's face it, raw GTK/C suxx0rz) that it would be used in many, many applications. It would be great exposure for GNUstep. And, the project wouldn't be particularly difficult. It definitely wouldn't be reinventing AppKit. GTK already exists; it just needs a new front-end. I can't see it taking more than a few months to have a solid release out there.

Robert Burns