Re: Writing GNUstep book on wikibooks

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Writing GNUstep book on wikibooks
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:17:46 +0700

On 08 Sep 2004 00:45:30 GMT, MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Banlu Kemiyatorn <object@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My point is this is a project of FSF and developers should support FSF's
> > movement (not other project's).
>
> I do. I support free software. However, FDL is not a free software
> licence and I don't subscribe to the theory that we should accept
> something uncritically just because FSF produced it.
>
> You're welcome to have your own opinion, but I'm allowed mine too.

It may not exactly be my opinion but it probably is GNU's policy. So
I think FSF is a better place to tell them why you dislike this.

> > I don't think an official reason that "FDL is bad so the official book uses
> > GPL instead" is an acceptable reason for any GNU projects. [...]
>
> You have erroneously added the word "instead" to that paraphrase.

I'd like to apologize of my non-native english, if it matters.

> By the way: please stop emailing me off-list.

Due to my bad memory problem, I don't think I will ever remember if anyone
is in the list or not. So I guess it would be better if you remember not to
reply my message so you won't get any response off-list.

Best regards,
]d