Re: Fwd: using dmg files (fwd)

From: stefan
Subject: Re: Fwd: using dmg files (fwd)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:32:53 +0200

Citát Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu>:

> Rogelio Serrano wrote:
>
> > I wonder why apple uses that format. Can we do something
> > similar like using iso or cramfs format instead? So we can loop mount the
> > image then drag and drop to the Apps directory or wherever?
> >
> we could but there's no point

Why not? If gworkspace handled 'mounting' or something analogous to mounting of
such 'package' files transparently, then it will make download and installation
much easier. no third application for opening the package, it is opened
directly in GW. and AFAIK, ISO (or similar 'packages') can be randomly accessed
faster than .tar.gz.

Stefan