Re: GNUstep on Debian PowerPC

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Debian PowerPC
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:26:35 +0200

Adrian Robert wrote:
The package manager occasionally has a problem like this, but usually it works well. You might want to do (as root) "apt-get synaptic" and then run 'synaptic' -- a nice graphical tool. Inside this tool you can also force a particular version of a package to be installed -- this sometimes helps with resolving dependencies.

 Okay typed 'apt-get install synaptic'
started synaptic. That got me a little farthern (at leat no error messages when installing some packages).

However, project center and gorm seem to be only in "test" and "unstable", so I guess I can't install that on top of my stable installation, can I?

However it sounds like there might be an actual problem with the dependency requirements of the GNUstep packages.. you might try emailing the maintainer about it.

Well, I'd rather try a little more. This is the first time I'm doing this, and I don't want to annoy the maintainer by reporting my own stupidity ;-)

Thanks,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de