Re: NeXTSTEP Release 3.0J

From: John Davidorff Pell
Subject: Re: NeXTSTEP Release 3.0J
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:49:47 -0800

On 4 Mar 2005, at 01:26, Brad Collins wrote:

I wish I could dig out Webster.app and the Oxford.app and bring them
back to life but I'm sure M-W and Oxford wouldn't be too happy...

I've heard that a Dictionary.app is returning in Panther. I've heard that it includes the Oxford dictionary. I've also heard that it will support something like dictionary-plugins, i.e. any number of user-addable dictionaries.

Note, however, that this is entirely meaningless because nobody under the NDA is actually allowed to talk about Tiger, so my sources may be less-than-accurate. :-)

JP

----
It's all fun and games 'til someone writes to a NULL pointer!