Re: NeXTSTEP Release 3.0J

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: NeXTSTEP Release 3.0J
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 04:45:47 +0100

At 18:49 Uhr -0800 05.03.2005, John Davidorff Pell wrote:
I've heard that a Dictionary.app is returning in Panther. I've heard that it includes the Oxford dictionary. I've also heard that it will support something like dictionary-plugins, i.e. any number of user-addable dictionaries.

Note, however, that this is entirely meaningless because nobody under the NDA is actually allowed to talk about Tiger, so my sources may be less-than-accurate. :-)

Well, there definitely will be a dictionary. Steve Jobs demoed it publically at the last WWDC. It's not an application, though. It's a Dashboard widget. I think he mentioned what dictionary it was and a few more things like that, but I don't remember anymore. There's definitely non-NDAed information available. You can even see it in action. A streaming of it is somewhere on Apple's web site.
--
Cheers,
M. Uli Kusterer