Re: Installer UI advices

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Installer UI advices
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:56:12 +0100

Le 15 mars 05, à 03:23, M. Uli Kusterer a écrit :

If something like Lucene, Beagle or Spotlight was added to GNUstep, I'd guess you could do all of this in one go. Index your files, find special folders in all apps...

I agree, I think Apple totally missed this important point with Spotlight, it was a really nice opportunity to improve install/uninstall process on the user side (with live dependencies check I think too).

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr