/etc/GNUstep ????

From: Riccardo
Subject: /etc/GNUstep ????
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:53:07 +0100

Hey,

who had that brilliant (?) idea of obsoleting stuff in /usr for a config file in /etc/GNUstep ?

I think it is absolutely stupid to have _another_ GNUstep directory where to put files. So even if this super-smart person thought that X11 was an example to follow and that if xfree.conf exists, gnustep.conf has a reason to exist too in my precious /etc space I think it is not. Having everything confined in /usr/GNUstep is a quite clean thing when GNUstep lives together with other environments.

Of course, I know that ont only X11 but OpenWin too had its space in /etc. But for ecample the CDE guys were different and had the config stuff inside /usr/dt/config

I think that whoever made this change should have at _least_ discussed it and bringing up good arguments for the choice.

cheers,