Re: /etc/GNUstep ????

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: /etc/GNUstep ????
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:04:52 +0000

> who had that brilliant (?) idea of obsoleting stuff in /usr for a config
> file in /etc/GNUstep  ?

(goes and has a look)

umm, where did that come from ?! I have an install from CVS from a few days
back and no /etc/GNUstep (nor a /usr/local/etc/GNUstep which is where I would
expect it if it exists)

> I think that whoever made this change should have at _least_ discussed
> it and bringing up good arguments for the choice.

I remember this being discussed. I also seem to remember that nobody could
agree on the location as the 'correct' location differed across so
many systems (though /etc is wrong on all systems as far as I know).

But the list archives are a better source of info than my memory...

-bat.