Re: Windows/GNUstep questions..

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Windows/GNUstep questions..
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:51:31 -0600

On Apr 20, 2005, at 6:57 PM, Lloyd Dupont wrote:

one minor concern I had an #import warning (I do want to use #import as I will use many files developed on MacOSX, with Apple's tool), how could I pass the additional '-Wno-import' compiler flag to the compiler invoked in the makefile? (without editing GNUstep's makefile, of course!)

ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS = -Wno-import

When I ran my simple test program I had plenty (about 4) unwanted log. what's that?
--- log get ---
The file 'd:\GNUStep\System\.GNUsteprc' is writable by someone other than its owner.
Ignoring it.
The file 'd:\GNUStep\System\.GNUsteprc' is writable by someone other than its owner.
Ignoring it.
2005-04-21 00:24:54.000 deux[2260] Disallowed time zone name `E. Australia Standard Time'. 2005-04-21 00:24:54.000 deux[2260] Using time zone with absolute offset 0.
--------------

Well, the last two are because '.' are not allowed in time zone names in GNUstep. I'm not sure why that is, though.

On top of that I try to 'deploy' my application without GNUstep by renaming my GNUstep installation's top directory, and adding <GNUstep>\System\Tools to the System's PATH. I get a disturbing log:
2005-04-21 00:24:02.000 deux[464] No path specified for bundle

Which bundle?
I'm not sure.
(but it did work, anyway).

Any idea on how to deploy an application without GNUstep?
My problem is I want to do an application installer for plain user, which will goes in ProgramFile or wherever the user choose, I don't want to create or require others tool and manual installation for the user, but I'm OK to copy a big directory hierarchy.

I don't really know how to do this, but I imagine you could copy all the libs into your app bundle and have the main executable really be a script which sets up the paths correctly...

This would work better with the latest CVS stuff (which won't be released for a month or two).