Re: Totally Gormless

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Totally Gormless
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:47:03 -0600

On 2005-10-12 13:08:14 -0600 Nicola Pero <nicola.pero@operatelecom.com> wrote:
Who likes the Windows registry anyway ? A local file on disk is something most users can delete or edit, while I don't remind ever meeting a real user that can remove old/unused Windows registry entries, or edit them.

Apparently some Windows users (or developers) do. In fact there is currently an unreviewed patch (on savannah) dealing with putting the entire GNUstep defaults database in the registry. I (like many people on this list) don't regularly use Windows so I don't know the pros and cons.