Re: Start GNUstep.sh as early as possible in Xwindow session

From: Tima Vaisburd
Subject: Re: Start GNUstep.sh as early as possible in Xwindow session
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:56:40 -0700

On Sunday 16 April 2006 23:32, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:
> I have a GNUstep application which will be loaded when the xsession start.
> It is done by saving session in gnome.
> It always fails to load because the GNUstep.sh is not set when the
> application is loaded.
> I try to put GNUstep.sh in several places like .bash_rc, .xinitrc,
> .xsession, but it doesn't work.

The place to put GNUstep.sh depends upon how is you xsession started.

For instance, I use display manager like xdm or kdm (it is slim, to be
pedantic, but they all work the same). When a user logs in,
display manager runs a shell script on behalf of this user. On my system
this is /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession.

I modified the first line of this script to be

#!/bin/bash --login

This way it reads $HOME/.bash_profile (but _not_ $HOME/.bashrc)
so I put the line

   source <path-to-GNUstep>/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

in my ~/.bash_profile

As far as I understand your .xsesion is the proper place to start gpbs.

Tima.