Re: [ANN] Azalea preview

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: [ANN] Azalea preview
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:00:06 -0700

On 4/26/06, Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/26/06, Quentin Mathé <gnustep-quentin@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> > Le 26 avr. 06 à 07:30, Yen-Ju Chen a écrit :

[snip]
> > I think it's more or less bound to to this bug I have encountered :
> > methods like -contentRectForFrameRect: and -frameRectForContentRect:
> > returns wrong values (at least when you are letting X11 handling the
> > window decorations). You can observe that any windows with a toolbar
> > are slowly shifted to the bottom right corner when you repeatedly
> > hide/unhide the toolbar.
>
>  I guess I can find a way to work around
>  since it seems not to be called widely outside backend.

  I submit a patch of _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS for GNUstep.
  It works for Metacity and doesn't affect WindowMaker.
  -styleoffset::: is called quite often, so some cache may be nice.
  But people may also want to change theme on-the-fly.
  So it depends on how much it costs.
  I don't see the slow-down on my machine

  Yen-Ju