Re: Window Maker weirdness

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Window Maker weirdness
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 21:46:44 +0200

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Höschler wrote:
> I have developed an app that behaves correctly when started with openapp
> from a terminal. However, if I drag the icon onto the dock in Window
> Maker, quit the app and start it by doubleclicking the icon in the dock
> it behaves wrongly. Any idea what could be the problem here? I guess the
> problem is related to [[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace] openFile:path] (not
> working), however I have no idea how to track this down. Where is the
> NSLog ouput going to when an application is started by doubleclicking a
> Window Maker dock item?

I have no idea what happens when WindowMaker starts an application from
the doc, but most likely it wont use [NSWorkspace openFile:] for this.
Remember that WindowMaker is no real GNUstep application, so it wont be
able to use GNUstep functionality. It would be different for GWorkspace.

Best you watch the command that gets executed by WindowMaker, when
trying to start the application (for example using ps).

Cheers
Fred